Certificates and important administrative documents

You can print or download a number of important administrative documents and certificates from the SIM student portal. Please log in to the SIM student portal using your UdS ID code and password.

Important note: After de-registering from the university, you will only be able to access the SIM portal for six weeks after the date of de-registration.

SIM student portal

SIM user guide – Certificates and administrative documents (PDF)

To access the SIM portals, please make sure that you are using the latest version of one of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge) based on Chromium. Apple Safari and Internet Explorer are not fully supported at the present time.

Important note: If you are experiencing difficulties with your log-in data, please delete your browsing data in your browser, close the browser and then try logging in again. (An internet search is often the quickest way to find out how to delete the browsing data in your preferred browser.) 

When can I download my...

Certificate of enrolment

Once you have re-registered for the following semester, you will be able to access your certificate of enrolment for that semester in the SIM portal.

Confirmation of leave of absence

Once your request for a one-semester leave of absence has been approved, you can download confirmation from the SIM portal.

Certificate of deregistration

If you have deregistered, you can download a certificate of deregistration for that semester from the SIM portal.

Student enrolment record

The student enrolment record contains information on all of the semesters in which you were enrolled as a student at Saarland University. You can download your student enrolment record from the SIM portal at any time.

Enrolment record (for submission to the pension insurance provider)

Enrolment records that need to be submitted to a pension insurance provider (Rentenbescheinigung) cannot be downloaded by users from the SIM portal. Please send an email to studium(at)uni-saarland.de and include the following information in the subject line of your email: 'Rentenbescheinigung – Your student registration number – Your name'.

Certificate of no impediment

You may require a certificate of no impediment (Unbedenklichkeitsbescheinigung) if you want to switch to another university to study the same degree programme. A certificate of no impediment cannot be downloaded from the SIM portal. Please contact the relevant examinations office: List of examinations offices at Saarland University.