Application for higher-level entry
For students transferring from another university in Germany but not changing the subject, for students at Saarland University switching to a different subject and those switching subjects and joining the new programme in a higher semester and for students who transferred from another university to continue their studies at Saarland University (German nationals, applicants with a German entrance qualification and applicants with a foreign university entrance qualification). This information applies only to restricted-entry degree programmes.
Das online-Portal für Bewerbungen und Einschreibungen ist für das Wintersemester 2020/21 geöffnet. Die Bewerbungsfrist für zulassungsbeschränkte Studiengänge wird aufgrund der aktuellen Situation (Corona-Pandemie) vom 15. Juli auf den 20. August 2020 verlängert.
for applications for higher-level entry to restricted-entry degree programmes.
- Winter semester: 15 July
- Summer semester: 15 January
Please include scans of the following documents when you submit your signed application for admission online:
- Your higher-education entrance qualification
- The certificate of enrolment from the university you were last studying at, including the name of the academic programme and the number of semesters studied
- Proof of credits earned from previous academic assessments, in particular: students transferring from another university in Germany but not changing subject must provide course certificates and other programme-related certification; students at Saarland University switching to a different subject and those switching subjects and joining the new programme in a higher semester, or foreign nationals currently studying abroad who plan to transfer to Saarland University must provide evidence of any decisions made by the examination offices at Saarland University or by the relevant State Examination Office for the Accreditation of School Teachers (Staatliche Prüfungsamt) regarding the academic placement assessments or the recognition of transferable academic credits.
- Proof of proficiency in German, if applicable
If you receive some of the required documents only after you have submitted your application for admission, you may forward them to the Admissions Office up until 30 September if you are seeking admission in the winter semester, or up until 31 March for the summer semester.
Please note that you should not try to contact the relevant examination office via the Admissions Office. Staff at the Admissions Office will not be able to forward certificates on your behalf. Please contact the relevant examination office directly.
Students seeking higher level admission to a restricted-entry degree programme can join the programme in the winter semester only if they will then be in an odd-numbered study semester; equally, they can join in the summer semester only if they will then be in an even-numbered study semester (exceptions: Pharmaceutical Science and the clinical phase of a medical degree).
Once your application has been processed, the result will be sent to you in writing usually in the week before taught courses start or in the first week. If you have not received a letter of admission by then, you should probably assume that your application was rejected. The enrolment deadline and further information about the enrolment process will be included with your letter of admission.
If you previously studied for the same degree programme elsewhere in Germany and if during that time you lost the right of examination, you will not be eligible for admission.
Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmaceutical Science
Please submit all certification relating to recognition of transferable academic credits. However, if you are applying for admission to the clinical phase of a degree in medicine or dentistry, you are not required to submit proof of the academic credits acquired during the pre-clinical phase.
Students who want to transfer from another university to study biology or law at Saarland University will need to submit certification relating to their academic placement assessment.
Phone: +49 681 302-3926
Silke U. Baumgärtner
Phone: +49 681 302-2003, -3100